Crawfordsville, IN – Beginning March 17, Raybestos Powertrain’s OE Torque Converter Wafer products will be available to qualified torque converter rebuilders directly from the manufacturer.
“These are the same high quality products and the same service you have come to rely on Raybestos Powertrain for,” said Al Avila, V.P. Sales & Marketing.
Wafers are available in five materials – tan, Kevlar®, High Carbon, PowerTorqueTM, and SW CarbonTM – for use in a range of torque converter applications.
- The tan material contains cellulose fibers and a special blend of resins which provide excellent coefficients of friction to match most OE specifications.
- High-energy Kevlar® handles the added stress of clutch dampening on electronically controlled transmissions that would cause ordinary friction paper to glaze or burn, provides smooth engagements and prevents shuddering during modulated TCC lock-up.
- High Carbon is a carbon-impregnated material that withstands temperatures above the typical high-energy Kevlar® material and is an optimum replacement for PWM controlled systems.
Raybestos Powertrain expands distribution of OE torque converter wafers
- PowerTorqueTM was developed by Raybestos Powertrain to solve flaking and wear in HD applications. Its 25% higher friction levels, higher temperature capacity and higher density provide maximum holding capacity for diesel and heavy duty applications.
- SW CarbonTM was the industry’s first “true carbon” EC3 replacement part to meet GM’s carbon material specs. Using a spun wound process, it resists high heat and wear, provides smooth, efficient performance and lasts longer.
Raybestos Powertrain assures the consistent quality of its torque converter wafers throughout the manufacturing process and maintains an extensive finished goods inventory in a climate-controlled storage facility. Torque converter wafers are coated using the manufacturer’s proprietary process at the time each order is received, ensuring freshness and maximum bonding strength.
Avila said, “For those rebuilders that qualify, we’ll begin fulfilling orders for our torque converter wafers on March 17. To establish your account, for sales or technical assistance, or for a complete list of products, call 800-729-7763.”
-Found in March 2011 Newsletter